Written in 1842 by the Prophet Joseph Smith, these 13 statements explain the basic doctrines and practices of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
1. We believe in God the Father; His Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Ghost.
2. That men will be punished only for their own sins and not for Adam’s transgression.
3. That through Christ’s Atonement, we can be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
4. That faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by immersion, confirmation, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost are all necessary for salvation.
5. That leaders and teachers in the Church must be chosen and ordained by priesthood power.
6. That Christ’s Church today is organized as it was when He first established it.
7. In modern-day revelation and priesthood healing and blessing.
8. That the Bible and Book of Mormon are both divinely revealed scripture.
9. That God has communicated with and will continue to communicate with humankind.
10. In the literal gathering of Israel and the restoration of the ten tribes, and that Zion will be built on the American continent when Christ reigns on the earth.
11. In worshipping God according to our own dictates and allowing others to do likewise.
12. In sustaining the laws and leaders of the land.
13. In being “honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men.”
Get a free copy of the Book of Mormon delivered by two missionaries who will share an uplifting message with you.
IMPORTANT: Check your messages. We have sent you a confirmation link. Click to the link to complete your request.